Friends, we kindly invite all presenters and discussants at Tampere Peace Perspectives to a preparatory workshop in Linna K107 on February 17th, 11.00-12.00. TAPRI’s PhD student Ilaria Tucci will discuss the process of an academic conference to assist with any issues you may have.
If you are interested in participating, please email millar.stefan.x (at) student.uta.fi for more information. You can also take a look at the list of presentations already confirmed to get a rough idea about this year’s two major themes:
Peace in Practice
- Riikka Marjamäki – Opening Keynote
- Jouni Montonen – Sensitivity in Peacekeeping Operations, the Importance of an Individual.
- Nironjon Islary – Ethno-Political Perspective of Boro-Adivasi and Boro-Muslim conflicts: A study in Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) Assam, India.
- Charlie Elkins – Neither 2 States or 1: The Search for Human and Civil Rights in the Holy Land.
Local Issues, Global Phenomena
- Johannes Lehtinen – Second Keynote
- Ilya Drozdov – Natural Resources, Interaction Between Local Communities, Authorities and Business.
- Jenni Viitala – Community Resistance Against Gold Mining in Cajamarca, Peru.
- Lucija Mulalic – No future in Croatia: How is the Croatian State Failing its Asylum Seekers and Refugees in their Integration Processes.